Take Action for Fair and Adequate Revenues!
As many of us saw at Day on the Hill this year, there are a multitude of issues calling for our attention at the Capitol this year. From services for victims of human trafficking to child care funding, from an MFIP cost-of-living-adjustment to expanding our investments in affordable housing, there are any number of good and worthy issues that deserve our time and our voices on the Hill.
And yet, they all require funding to get us there. And not just any funding, but we at JRLC believe in just and fair revenue streams that provide the financial engine of our state government; in essence, we believe that revenues should be raised based on one's ability to pay.
Meanwhile, the session drags on, and securing a revenue package that is both adequate and fair is starting to feel like even more of a long shot. So we need your help! There are any number of ways you can get involved from the toolkit below, and we'll be updating it with even more resources as we get closer and closer to the end of session.
Keep checking back -- and be sure to let us know what you've done, and how it went!
JRLC REVENUES TOOLBOX
- Interfaith Vigil on the Need for Revenues (Sample - updated version coming soon!)
Letters to the Editor, Op-Eds, and Public Testimony
- SAMPLE: Letter to the Editor
- FOR REFERENCE: Brian Rusche's April 2013 Open Letter on corporate tax loopholes; Rev. David Cobb's March 2013 testimony on taxes; Rev. Alison Killeen's Reflection on Tax Day 2013
- 2013 Minnesota Tax Incidence Study
- Minnesota Budget Project's Report on Minnesota Tax System
- 2013 Day on the Hill Briefing on Taxes (PDF)